Thursday, February 7, 2013

KalladaMagz Exposes a Huge Flaw In Google Wallet System

Google is known for its counter security measures against hacking attempts.But last day I came across something which allows anyone who knows the card number of the other person to hack into his account and withdraw money.By card number I mean just the outside 16 digit number.Almost all online websites use’s a two way authentication system in which once you enter the details seen externally on your card you will be taken to another page where you will be asked for the secret password of your online banking accout.This is the reason a lot of hacking attempts are prevented online.Just think a thief if he is a talented one can get a photo of your credit card.Now with this vulnerability only the external visibility shown on the card.Now I will explain the hack in detail.

wallet f improf 417x277

Scenario

Google Play Store Development Account License Purchase.

Now for this experiment I used an email id which I did not register with Google Wallet before.The credit card I used for this hack was International Mastercard. Now I used this details to buy a publisher account in Play Store.A point to be noted here is that it never asked me about my secret password or anything.All I had to do was to enter the details that were shown externally on my card and Boom now I have the developer account

Now I am sure I don’t want to explain to you how crackers can use this flaw in Google System to make millions of dollars.With this one way authentication system Google is way behind in keeping up users data protection.Let’s wait and see how Google patche’s this up.So what are you guys opinion about Google’s protection measures.Do you think our data is safe with them?


KalladaMagz Exposes a Huge Flaw In Google Wallet System

No comments: